Mickey Mouse shoes: Kross by Mellow Yellow

Move over, Marc Jacobs: you’re not the only one who can make a shoe look like a mouse!

I actually think Parisian brand Mellow Yellow have gone even further that Marc Jacobs in their quest to be quirky here: these shoes take Mickey Mouse as their inspiration, and come complete with two protruding ears, and a tail on the heel. Oh, and there’s also that smiling face looking up at you:

Are you smiling yet?

How about now?

For novelty shoes, these definitely don’t come cheap: these are £179 at Sarenza (click here to buy them), and there’s also a flat version, if you prefer it:

What do you think? Quirky and cute, or too childish for their own good?

9 Comments

• Itzel says:

They’re lovely… for a five year old, well not the heels obviously.

• Tali says:

I’ll stick with Marc Jacobs..
    May I feature this shoe on my FB page with link to this post?) These shoes are asking to be added to my “Crazy real shoes” photo album..

• Monique says:

ROFLMAO! Omg, mickey mouse heels for adults – what will they think of next?
    Initial reaction (after I stopped crying from laughing so hard) was one of ‘maybe you could get away with it’. But maybe only if you were still under the age of 21.

Then, sometime in the last 10 minutes they have grown on me. I would seriously buy a pair – and wear them in public! Yep, turning 30 this year and still shamefully clinging on to my 80’s mickey mouse club days :)

• Moni says:

Generally I think they’re cute – but that tail is disturbing!

• Tracey says:

Totally adorable, although I wouldn’t necessarily wear them

• Leigh says:

I don’t think we need a whole category of “shoes that look like mice.” Once was more than enough.

• PurpleRennie says:

BARF. That is all.

• anon says:

How on earth are these childish? Any Disney fanatic would want a pair.. and some of you obviously haven’t seen the Mickey/Minnie kitchen collection. I don’t think children can cook…!

• erna feriyanthi says:

i like heels mickey mouse ….