Badgley Mischka ‘Olaf’ lace booties

I’ve looked at these boots (sorry, “booties”) numerous times now, and I’ve always held off on writing about them here, because well, they’re peep toe boots, and I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how I feel about that.

I think these ones could just succeed in winning me over, though:  I keep picturing them worn with some beat-up denim and a tailored jacket, for a nice contrast between dressy and casual, but they’d be equally effective with something a little more formal. I also think this is one of the few examples of a peep toe boot that would actually be wearable for me, because the lightweight uppers wouldn’t be too warm to wear, thus negating the “if it’s warm enough for a peep toe, it’s too warm for a boot” argument.

What do you think? Are you ready to accept peep toe boots into your life – or closet? If you are, these ones are $200 from Nordstrom: click here to buy them.

8 Comments

• Siel says:

Love the black ones!

• Rebecca says:

I think I can, on occasion, get past a peep-toe shoe boot. Provided it is a shoe boot and not an actual boot, and it has particularly lovely uppers, I’ll forgive. I do not like these at all, though. The transparent lace, the satin ribbons and lace-up detail, none of it appeals to me. I don’t like lace uppers OR satin uppers, generally. If these weren’t peep toes, I still wouldn’t like them.

• Lori says:

Unfortunately my toes need to be covered at all times – Unless I am on the beach obviously

• Minka says:

Oh, I would accept these anytime! Anytime I’d have spare 200 bucks, that is. But they are gorgeous… :)

• Tracey says:

No. Peep toe boots are bad!

• Rach says:

I love these. Especically the black ones. I have a pair that are really similar to these, and I find they’re great for dressing up a simple dress.

• I am not a fan of the peep toe boot but this is definitely an exception! I would like both pair. I would love to pair them with a few of my denim jeans and a blazer…great peep toe boot! (Never thought I’d say that!)

• Rock Hyrax says:

imo the upper is too see-through to make them “boots”, so my verdict is “not guilty” of being PTBs. They’re actually quite nice, though I’d prefer a different material in the toe part.